The best professional learning is local – you implement it, you follow up on it. However, you may need help planning it. That’s where I come in.
Professional learning is the rocket fuel that propels your school or district.
How can I help?
Hire Jenn to Plan PD that You Run Yourself
I can help you:
- by designing a single professional learning session (including PPT, handouts, agenda, and discussion questions) for your leaders or teachers
- determine a professional learning focus for the year and create a year-long plan
- by planning a single or multiple-session book study you can conduct with a team of leaders, teachers, or parents
- by creating a multiple-day training workshop for the summer to develop leaders or teachers
Hire Jenn to Do a Needs Assessment and Create a Plan to Improve
I can help you:
- figure out what might be causing a certain problem at your school (low faculty morale, PD or coaching that doesn’t improve practice, teams that don’t produce results)
- by proposing several suggestions for improving the problem
- by serving as a thought partner to brainstorm best solutions and next steps to address the issue
Hire Jenn to Run Workshops for Leaders
I can help you by running workshops on topics including:
- Managing difficult conversations calmly, gracefully, and productively
- Instructional coaching and feedback
- Establishing or improving leadership or teacher teams that get results
- Developing emotional intelligence in leaders
- Trust and communication to build relationships
- Managing your time for impact
- How to use The Best of the Marshall Memo (the book I co-wrote with Kim Marshall) to improve professional learning at your school
- A series of workshops for the leaders at your school – anything from a Leadership 101 series to something that caters to your needs – which could include one in-person session and follow-up virtual sessions to discuss problems of practice
Contact Jenn at J.David-Lang@TheMainIdea.net to discuss your professional learning needs.