A FREE SAMPLE SUMMARY
What people are saying about The Main Idea
“I have been getting your summaries and have literally treasured each one. Each one has made a significant impact on the teaching and learning practices at this school.”
—Allison Gaines Pell
Head of School
Blue School, NYC
What exactly does THE MAIN IDEA provide?
THE MAIN IDEA creates an 8-page summary of a current education book each month. This summary contains the core ideas of the book, and organizes those ideas with enough accompanying details and examples, so you can have a working knowledge of its content. At the end, THE MAIN IDEA includes a full page of suggestions for ways to use the ideas in the book for professional development of your staff.
A year-long subscription to THE MAIN IDEA not only includes these monthly book summaries, but it also includes free access to over 70 book summaries and workshops in our archives.
Mission of THE MAIN IDEA
At THE MAIN IDEA we believe education can be transformative for students. Currently there is a great deal of information about improving student learning. However, although expert knowledge is available, it is not necessarily in the hands of true practitioners — principals and school leaders.
THE MAIN IDEA helps to bridge that gap by providing school leaders with the best current education ideas and practices. Through in-depth 8-page summaries of current education books, and suggestions for implementing those ideas, THE MAIN IDEA empowers education leaders with the knowledge and tools to improve student learning.
What are the benefits of THE MAIN IDEA’s summaries?
Improve your knowledge → Improve your school
- Learn the core ideas of 8-10 powerful education books a year
- Improve your knowledge of current education ideas and practices
- Get the important information in each book from the clearly organized format
- Stay current and continue to learn — all the best education leaders do
- Provide in-house professional development sessions yourself with PD suggestions in each summary
- Use the ideas from the summaries in working with individual teachers
- Rejuvenate yourself and your teachers by infusing your school with new ideas