THE MAIN IDEA helps you take instructional leadership off of your “to-do list” and make it a reality.
What exactly does THE MAIN IDEA provide?
THE MAIN IDEA is a subscription service for busy school leaders. Each month you receive a summary of a current education or leadership book. This summary contains the core ideas of the book, and organizes those ideas with enough details and examples so you can have a working knowledge of its content. THE MAIN IDEA also includes a full page of PD suggestions so you can introduce the book’s ideas to your staff.
A year-long subscription to THE MAIN IDEA also includes free access to over 150 book summaries and workshops in a searchable archive.
Mission of THE MAIN IDEA
Jenn started THE MAIN IDEA because she believes education can absolutely be transformative for students. However, too many principals, district leaders, and other educators don’t have their hands on the best and latest research to improve student learning.
Jenn bridges this gap by serving as a designated reader for tens of thousands of school leaders throughout the world. She combs through hundreds of education and leadership books and chooses just one a month that educational leaders should be reading. And to make sure you can easily implement the ideas in the book, Jenn includes PD activities (sometimes with a PPT and handout!) so you can develop your staff as well as yourself.
Through the book summaries and the PD ideas, THE MAIN IDEA empowers education leaders with the knowledge and tools to truly improve student learning.
What are the benefits of THE MAIN IDEA’s summaries?
Improve your knowledge → Improve your school
- Learn the core ideas of 8-10 powerful education books a year
- Improve your knowledge of current education ideas and practices
- Get the important information in each book from the clearly organized format
- Stay current and continue to learn — all the best education leaders do
- Provide in-house professional development sessions yourself with PD suggestions in each summary
- Use the ideas from the summaries in working with individual teachers
- Rejuvenate yourself and your teachers by infusing your school with new ideas